Naraka: Bladepoint comes out on PlayStation 5 on July 13, and it will also become free-to-play on all devices.
The famous melee battle royale also gets a new mode called Capture the Spirit Well, a new hero named Tessa, and a new weapon called the Dual Halberd. Cross-play between all systems also starts on July 13.
Naraka: Bladepoint, which was made by 24 Entertainment and released by NetEase Games Montreal, came out on PC in August 2021, before Xbox Series X and S in June 2022. A little over a year later, the new PS5 version comes out.
NetEase said that there are now more than 20 million unique players of Naraka: Bladepoint. It’s always in the top 100 games played at the same time on Steam. At the time this article was written, Naraka: Bladepoint was the 17th most popular game on Steam, with just under 60,000 people playing it at the same time.
Here’s a list of the new things that will be added when F2P goes live:
- Capture the Spirit Well: A 12v12 gang wars battle that allows players to capture locations to earn points
- New Dual Halberds Weapon: Combines a spear and a dagger into one. It can stab straight and also strike horizontally with the ability to lock other weapons
- Justice Chamber updates to Guild Mode: Position and more features will be added to the current guild system
- New Hero – Tessa: Tessa is a 1000-year-old fox demon, who can charm her enemies and capture their souls
- Veteran rewards: Players who previously purchased the game will receive in game gold equivalent to what edition they currently possess and more
- PlayStation 5 player exclusive items
- Anniversary in-game events and rewards
- Collaboration with Dwelling in the Fuchun Mountains (based on a famous Chinese painting)
- 3D Lobby: Players can grapple around and explore while queuing
- New season skin theme: Classic of Mountains and Seas and the god of four seasons
- XGP Benefits: Players with a NARAKA account via Xbox Game Pass will be automatically upgraded from the Standard Edition to the new Deluxe Edition containing in-game rewards