The Roku channel store has a lot of applications. These channel store applications can range from being free to price, but one thing is for sure. Competitors usually make adjustments to the search results, or in the way these channels are projected, just to make sure that their application gets pushed.
Roku has its own channel as well, named the Roku channel. But the streaming device does not push its own channel beyond a certain level so that the people have no choice but to watch it. Moreover, Roku also has a few important pre-filtered channels that are the most watched due to the status of the downloads and the uninstalls.
How to download an app on Roku?
Though there are a lot of applications that you can download from the channels store, you will have to know how to add an app on Roku to be able to enjoy the benefits of having a Roku. This is a three-step process.
- First things first, you search for the application from the Roku application store.
- Second thing being, you have to download and install the application.
- After the installation, you will have to activate the application by entering the activation code to a separate browser window. This is how you add an app on Roku.
How to search for an app on Roku?
Searching for an application on the Roku channel store is very simple, despite the fact that too many channel applications on the store. First things first, you can surf through the most important, and the most commonly downloaded applications on the “Most Watched” list.
If not, you will have to use the Roku search to find these channel applications. To know how to add an app on Roku, you will also have to know how to search for these apps on the Roku channel store.
If the Roku remotes are Premiere or Premiere + or above remotes, you can as well use voice command to search for the applications.
How to install the application?
The second step in knowing how to add an app on Roku is to know how to install an application on Roku.
- Once you search for the application, wait for Roku to fetch the applications relevant to your search.
- If you don’t find the channel you need, please refine your search by using the right keywords, and filtering down the results using the right parameters.
- After you find the channel you have to download, please click on the channel to highlight it.
- Please click on the menu and click on the downloader install option.
- Wait for the channel to be downloaded and installed.
- After the channel is installed, please wait for the channel to complete any missing software update.
After you know how to install the channel, you are one step closer to how to add an app on Roku.
How to activate the channel?
When you open the channel application for the first time, Roku will display an activation code on the TV screen. Please enter the same on to a browser window, on Roku.com/activation link. After you do that, you can use the channel whenever you want. This is how to add an app on Roku.