Roku, though operating out of the US, is known to be one of the best-selling streaming media players throughout the world. This has brought about a very pleasant effect, that Roku has now started shiting attention towards acquiring regional channels, and channels that appeal to geographical niches as well.
One such channel is the Acorn TV. The channel offers a variety of titles, from drama to thriller, from romance to comedy, and almost all of them are from the UK. They offer titles that are produced, directed and starred on by the English.
To be able to download and stream Acorn TV on Roku, you must first have a Roku account. The Roku account creation process is entirely free, but you will have to furnish your payment information so that Roku can deduct payment for your future purchases.
How to search for the channel in the Roku channel store?
All of the channels that are available for streaming will be available for download in the Roku channel store. Given the sheer number of channels available on Roku, it ideally must be difficult to locate Acorn TV on Roku. But fortunately for us, there is a Roku search that we can use.
- Go to the Roku channel store.
- In there, click on the Roku search bar.
- In the search bar, enter the right keywords.
- The right keywords for Acorn TV might as well be the channel name. But in case you have a particular program or a movie in mind, you might as well choose to enter the name of the movie in the search bar.
- After you enter the keyword, please press search.
- The Roku search will fetch you all the channels relevant to the keywords that you typed. If you had typed the name of a movie, or a series, please be reminded that all the channels that stream that movie will be listed.
- Please surf through the search result, and find Acorn TV on Roku application.
- Click and highlight the channel after you find it.
- From the dropdown menu, please choose to download and install the channel from the Roku store.
The downloading and installation speed is purely dependent on the speed of your internet connection. So, please be patient while the channel is being downloaded.
How to activate the channel Acorn TV on Roku?
The Roku channel activation is the same as verifying your Roku account. You are given an activation code, you enter the same on to an activation window from your Roku account, and the activation is done.
- Connect the computer to the internet.
- Go to the browser.
- In there, navigate to the URL roku.com.
- There, you will see a place to enter the activation code for the channel.
- Now, please go back to your Roku channel store, and check if the channel installation is complete.
- If it is, then please go ahead and open the channel.
- The channel screen will have the activation code that you will have to enter on to the browser window.
- After you enter the activation code, hit enter.
This will seal the deal, and make the channel available for you, all the time from your Roku com link account. You can even stream from the same using your Roku mobile application.
If you have any questions regarding the Acorn TV on Roku channel activation, or if you need help with setting up Roku, please let us know and we will help you with it.